Dog Waste Removal Glendale AZ
Dog Waste Concerns
When I started Bernard’s Pest, I wanted to bring valued services to my customers. I’m not sure if many people know the main reason for pest control is the health related concerns that can come from infestations of certain insects. Along with the concerns of stinging pests there are many insects that can cause severe health related issues as well as cause damage to homes such as rodents chewing on wires that could potentially cause fires in homes. Those are of course at the forefront of most people’s mind however, there is another that most homeowners don’t know about. When I started Bernard’s Pest I chose to pick up dog waste as one of the services I provide. I am usually at the house already so it made sense to remove the waste at the time of the service for a minimal fee but, there are far greater reasons to remove the waste quickly that most homeowners don’t know. I decided to do some research and include some examples of how dog waste is truly a health hazard.
Some people believe that dog waste is good fertilizer, which is not true. Dog waste will burn and discolor the grass and will create “hot spots” where the burning occurred.
The “EPA” (Environmental Protection Agency), classified pet waste as a dangerous pollutant in the same category as toxic chemicals and oil. If you live near water unscooped waste from your yard can be carried by water flow or washed into storm drains ending up in faraway streams, rivers, and even ground water.
Pet waste can spread parasites and when infected dog waste comes into contact with your lawn the dog waste will eventually disappear but the eggs of the parasite remain. Humans and animals risk infection when they come into contact through normal activities such as walking barefoot, gardening, or playing on the yard. These parasites can still be present years after the dog waste is gone.
Dog waste is known for collecting harmful bacteria including E. Coli and fecal coliform bacteria which can cause serious kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhea in humans.
Dog waste can often contain roundworm larvae and can cause blindness. If a human were to ingest this larva it could migrate through the body causing disease to the brain, lungs, kidney, liver, heart or eyes. It is possible when children come into contact with soil, dog toys, or anything that has come into contact with dog waste and then touch their mouths, they can become infected.
If you would like more information on this topic, you can find at http://water.epa.gov/polwaste/nps/dosdont.cfm
I hope this article shows how Pest Wastse can be a real problem in your yard. And I hope you’ll consider Bernard’s Pest as your Pest Control and Pet Waste Removal solution. – Bernard A. McCleary III